Reaching Russia for God's Glory

Hello all,

This blog will be used to communicate with and to see how God's glory is being spread among Ekateringburg, Russia! This blog will be used to communicate with Jordan Marcum, Sarah Ingham, and Ryan Bibb. The three of us are from Eastern Kentucky University and we have been apart of Campus Crusade for Christ or CRU for the past few years of our college career. We have been blessed to have this opportunity to share the name of Jesus Christ among Russian students this summer and we are glad for people who have supported us financially and in prayer. We hope through this blog you will be able to experince the opportunity you have invested in by what we post on a weekly basis. We want to thank all of you that are reading this blog and most of all thanking God for what he has done not only in our lives but the lives we will get to impact this summer through our risen Savior!

Jordan, Ryan and Sarah

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trust Fall?

Hello Everyone!
So we have had alot of excitement lately here in Russia. Another student placed his faith in Christ this past week so that was super exciting!!!! We also had our Forest Fun party which went great and the students seemed to really enjoy themselves and some great conversations were had too.

The Lord is really teaching me alot about trusting Him. I am learning that even though I though I was fully trusting Him with everything, there are still things in my life that I try to control. This past week I met with a girl that I had met with last summer and it has been really hard to connect with her but I really felt like the Lord wanted me to meet with her again. I did not think that it would be possible to even get into a spiritual conversation, but the Lord is faithful and amazing and He allowed me to share the Gospel with her! Seeds were planted and I felt like I was really able to connect with her! It was amazing!

If you have read Bibb's post then you saw that I had a little accident. I was teaching my friend how to do the Cotton-Eyed Joe dance and I stepped on some uneven concrete and turned my ankel and it popped. Its not broken but it is swollen and blue-ish colored and I will be on crutches for the rest of the week. Please pray not only for my ankle but my attitude as well. I do not want to spend the rest of the week being frustrated with my current circumstance but thankful that I still have another week in Russia.

Thank you for your prayers, see you soon!

-Sarah

No comments: